The SC/UPC Duplex Adapter Connector, sometimes also called SC/UPC coupler, is a small passive device in the telecommunication field. It ends or links the fiber optic cables or fiber optic connectors between two fiber optic lines. By linking two connectors precisely, they allow the light sources to end at most and lower the loss as much as possible.
Fiber optic adapters (also called couplers) are designed to connect two fiber optic cables together. They come in versions to connect single fibers together (simplex), two fibers together (duplex), or sometimes four fibers together (quad).
Adapters are designed for multimode or singlemode cables. The singlemode adapters offer more precise alignment of the tips of the connectors (ferrules). It is ok to use singlemode adapters to connect multimode cables, but you should not use multimode adapters to connect singlemode cables.
● Double the capacity, perfect space saving solution
● Small size, large capacity
● High return loss, Low insertion loss
● Push-and-pull structure, convenient for operation;
● Split zirconia (ceramic) ferrule is adopted.
● Usually mounted in a distribution panel or wall box.
● The adapters are color coded allowing easy identification of the adapter type.
● Available with single-core & multi-core patch cords and pigtails.
0.2 dB (Zr. Ceramic)
0.2 dB (500 Cycle Passed)
- 40°C to +85°C
95% RH (Non Packaging)
≥ 70 N
Insert and Draw Frequency
≥ 500 times
● Active device termination
● Test equipment
● Telecommunication networks
● Local Area Networks (LANs)
● Data processing networks
● Premise installations
● Wide Area Networks (WANs)
● Industrial, medical & military
● CATV System
● Optical Networks
● Testing / Measurement Instruments
● Fiber To the Home